FEATURING CRYPTO FRONTRUNNERS INCLUDING
THE NEW INTERNET – DOCUMENTARY
Imagine a New Internet where every post, every like, every click is monetized and micropayment are exchanged over the internet like Likes are now. Imagine getting paid to write a blog post, listen to a podcast, create or curate content. This is THE NEW INTERNET. It’s an internet of Value, of Money, of Power.
Shannon Grinnell, award-winning filmmaker and crypto podcaster interviews blockchain technology’s most innovative thought leaders from around the globe to find out what’s changing with THE NEW INTERNET.
1) For TEN days in New York City can SHANNON stay, eat, play and live using only crypto?
2) And can she EARN as much CRYPTO as she spends — doing the things we do now for free.
TO DATE, FEATURED INTERVIEWS INCLUDE:
- Sandra Ro, CEO at Global Blockchain Business Council
- Kevin Owocki, Founder at Gitcoin
- Yorke Rhodes, Co-founder Blockchain at Microsoft
- Samson Mow, CSO at Blockstream + Partner at Magical Crypto Friends
- Jimmy Song, Bitcoin Educator at University of Texas + Venture Partner at Blockchain Capital
- Alex Adelman, Co-founder + CEO at Lolli
- John Wolpert, Product Executive, ConsenSys Web3Studio
- Joel Comm, Co-host at The Bad Crypto Podcast
- Fabio Canesin, Co-Founder at Nash
- Brekkie von Bitcoin, Crypto Content Creator + Artist
- Susan Oh, Co-Chair of AI at Blockchain For Impact, United Nations General Assembly
- Kyle Kemper, Author ‘The Unified Wallet – Unlocking the Digital Golden Age’
- Michael Terpin, CEO at Transform Group
- Kenn Bosak, Crypto Community Influencer
- Paul Puey, Co-founder + CEO at Edge
- Robert Beadles, CEO at Monarch Token
- Austin Davis, Founder at Blockchain Beach
- Euclid + Oaks, Crypto Community Influencers
- Alon Muroch, CEO at Blox
- Rachel Siegel, Founder of Crypto Finally
- Michael Nye, Host of Evolvement Podcast
- Mark Savage, Host of BitSavage
- Mitesh Rao, CEO at OMNY
- Gaston Cruz, Crypto Events
- Ameer Rosic, Co-Founder at Blockgeeks
- Jeff Pulver, Founder at Vonage
- Anna Vladi, COO at Everex Global/Founder at Women 4 Blockchain
- Stuart Lackey, Co-Founder + CEO at Solaster
- Kristen Johns, Blockchain Attorney at Waller Lansden Dortch + Davis
- Michael Quintanilla, Blockchain Strategist at First Tennessee Bank
Short Preview Video Clips are being compiled here: The New Internet – YouTube Playlist
WHAT IS THE NEW INTERNET?
Things we do now over the internet — like writing blog posts, listening to podcasts, creating content, accumulating steps through exercising, watching ads, playing video games — we do for FREE.
With THE NEW INTERNET we get paid to do these things.
How is this possible and why is this happening?
It all started with Bitcoin. Bitcoin, the cryptocurrency, enables the transfer of funds peer to peer without a trusted intermediary. What does that mean? It means there’s a way fo me to pay you without going through Visa or Western Union or any bank. And it’s the most secure transfer of funds ever created.
Then why isn’t there mass adoption of Bitcoin as a currency? There are scaling issues that are being resolved with the Lightning Network. And, there’s competition. Some people believe the winning crypto that will be used as currency will be something else, Ethereum, EOS, Ripple.
But there’s more. The technology that makes Bitcoin possible (blockchain tech) is a trustless system, which is a system that removes trust from the equation. Alice and Bob can’t double spend their financial transfer of funds because there are thousands of nodes or computers that are verifying their transfer to make sure there is one unchangeable, immutable leger.
So what that means is that if we want to transact with complete strangers over the internet, we don’t have to trust them, because there are thousands of computer ‘friends’ that have our back. So what transactions are now possible given that we can transact with strangers, transfer assets safely, remove trust from the equation, and keep one accurate immutable record? The possibilities are almost limitless.
Blockchain technology is revolutionizing almost every industry. I can now send currency around the world without paying high bank fees. WalMart can now verify which shipping pallet of romaine lettuce was contaminated so it can avoid costly waste. I can give proof of legal drinking age without giving away my address or other personal details. I can agree to watch marketing videos and get paid for my viewing or feedback. I can make a fractional investment in real estate or a Picasso or a business and accrue small financial returns across many income streams.
Interview format with in-person on camera interviews from across North America in 2019. There will be three main segments:
- CRYPTOCURRENCY — EARNING IT, USING IT. IS CRYPTO A VIABLE CURRENCY YET?
- THE BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION — HOW IS BLOCKCHAIN TECH CREATING THE NEW INTERNET?
- TEN DAYS IN NEW YORK CITY — CAN SHANNON GET BY, USING ONLY CRYPTO AND CAN SHE EARN AS MUCH AS SHE SPENDS?
GOAL FOR THE SHOW
The goal is to excite viewers around the possibilities that Bitcoin and blockchain technology have unlocked, to empower viewers to earn crypto through the easiest means possible, to show how leading-edge trailblazers are making amazing things happen that will change how we all live and work and interact and do business.
The doc will be edited in late 2019 with release in early 2020.