LISTEN TO SPEAKING OF CRYPTO ON YOUR FAVOURITE PODCAST PROVIDER
Rachel Siegel, Founder at Crypto Finally talks about Bitcoin + crypto adoption, a new age of feminism and what it means to be a woman in the crypto space. This is Episode 83 for the Speaking of Crypto podcast – the fifth ep in our Women in Crypto Wednesday Series.
Rachel’s been met with strong emotional responses on Crypto Twitter to a recent tweet of hers about the fact that she posts bikini selfies and she’s also a crypto conference speaker. The response from a lot of the community was outrage.
We talk about why. We dig deep into what it means to be not just a woman in crypto, but also a woman in today’s landscape, a female influencer, an entrepreneur in crypto with the goal of growing the space and attracting and welcoming a greater, more diverse group of people into the Bitcoin and crypto ecosystem.
We have a great conversation and I’m so happy that I was able to chat with Rachel for the podcast. Although we have a sometimes heated discussion around this topic, I think we just scratched the surface. There’s a lot more to talk about… in fact I’d love to have a Women in Crypto Roundtable for the purpose of having different women in the space voice their ideas on some of these controversial topics and more. But for now, here’s Rachel Siegel, aka Crypto Finally.
We get into:
- Working in media production
- Life as a digital nomad
- creating animated explainer videos
- her tweet about posting bikini photos + being a keynote speaker
- lack of representation of women in crypto
- how her body is not an inherent sexual object
- why people are triggered
- how we portray ourselves should not affect the work we do
- whether she is being opportunistic
- what selfie photos don’t say
- what a husband’s got to do with it or not
- female sex workers in crypto
- the ‘Hey, what’s that?’ phase
- learning how to deal with being recognized and watched
- influencer status and opportunities that come with it
- Being a woman in crypto
- First wave feminism vs the new feminism
Check out our affiliate links at speakingofcrypto.com/earncrypto for some great ways to support the show.
And… if you’re enjoying the podcast, please take a minute to rate, review and subscribe. This goes a long way to helping people who are new to crypto find the show.
Crypto Finally Links: